Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Well today I really worked the warm market at work and actually got into a little trouble because of it! I brought five invite cards with me and explained to five co-workers what I was doing and gave each a card. I gave one to my supervisor and he seemed really interested in learning more. I currently work on the sales end of another business opportunity and things have really been slowing down the last couple of weeks. It always slows down around the holidays.

Well about two hours later my supervisor called me and another lady I work with into another room which is within ears distance of the owner of the company's office. The lady who was called with me also happens to be working a home based business unrelated to My Power Mall and had been speaking with others in the office about hers.

Anyway, we get into the other room and my supervisor says to both of us in a loud enough voice for the main boss to hear, "I'm not sure what you two are selling, but I don't want it on my floor! It could be means for immediate dismissal because it's a conflict of interest." So I'm thinking, he must have had to say that because he just said he was interested in what I was doing.

Well about 10 minutes later he calls me outside and said, "now Bryan, you know I had to say that! Just don't pass out any more cards. I said no problem and that was the end of it.

Anyway, another guy I work with really seems interested in this who I gave a card to yesterday and I believe he'll join soon. That's it for today. We'll get back it tomorrow, but not at work!

2 comments:

Jacki Varacalli said...

Oh no, don't get your self in trouble. Just go make your contacts outside of work and when the day comes that you don't need that job any longer you can go back in and talk to all of them. That will be a great day! -Jacki

Ginny Dye said...

Amen to what Jacki said! But, you have also laid a foundation for those people and they will be watching you - probably joining you "undercover". :) They know they need it! Thanks for a great story and for stepping outside of your comfort zone to offer people HOPE!

Ginny