Monday, November 24, 2008

Wow! What a day. I was a little nervous about the meeting and frankly, a lot more nervous after the meeting! I realized how much I had to do. After the meeting I ran off to work and didn't get home until after 6:00.

I got home and had to figure out the invite cards which took me a while and then I had to run up to Staples to get the right kind of paper to make the cards. Finally I was set and off I went, and by then it was going on 8:00. By this point I was a nervous wreck. It's amazing how something like this just goes agains your grain if you're not used to it. It did start off great and the first person I spoke with at Albertsons was interested and gave me her personal information as well. I thought, "hey, this is going to be a piece of cake. Everybody wants to learn about this." Wrong!!! I must have spoke with another 10 people and they either weren't interested or they were, but didn't want to give me their personal information. I went to our local shopping mall and two other grocery stores as well. Thankfully I have a lot stores in my area.

It became apparent real quick that this is something you have to do everyday, all day. Keep those invite cards with you and constantly be on the look out for people to introduce this to.

It was a good first day lesson and I plan on getting a lot better at this.

Bryan D.

2 comments:

Ginny Dye said...

Hi Bryan,

I am so proud of you for doing whatever it took to get out there and make it happen yesterday. What a great commitment! You had a great first day and it's going to get easier as you make it a part of your daily life. Way to go!

sbannon said...

Hey Bryan,
This is Scott, another one of the campers. Great job! Want some advice? Relax. I may be going out on a limb here and Ginny may think differently. If she does do as she says. Like I told Ron, I think it was him, she is the teacher and I am only the student. Read some of my blogs. I talk about things like needing to have the exact right "things" before I could get started. You now what? I printed several of the "invitation cards" on plain white paper this morning just because with my other job I did not have time to get to a printer. I greeted the UPS driver, details in my blogs, and gave him one of those plain white pieces of paper with the invitation on it. He took it just like it was a pound of gold. If you hand somebody a gold nugget does it really matter how it is wrapped? My point is this, don't get hung up on the details. Do what you can do and take action. But still relax just a little.
Take care,
Scott